Friday, October 15, 2010

Sonrise Sprinklers

I haven't been posting much because, frankly, we haven't been doing much worth writing about. Kandie and I are both on diets, so we haven't been going out to try restaurants, and work and kids' activities have kept us grounded from going and doing much of anything.

But I wanted to throw out an endorsement for Sonrise Sprinklers (no, that's not a typo).

I first called Terry Ragan, the owner of Sonrise Sprinklers, at about 7:30 PM one night shortly after moving in to our new house because I had stepped on what I thought was a part of the sprinkler system in our yard, and something had broken and water was gushing out into a hole under ground.

Terry came out without hesitation, evaluated the situation and informed me that what I had stepped on was not in fact a sprinkler head, but the main water line to my neighbor's house. A neighbor I had not even met yet. So after, "Hi, I'm Mark, your new neighbor, and I just wanted to let you know I broke your water main", Terry set to work for the next four hours working on a fix for my neighbor. Needless to say, there was a lot wrong if I could break it by stepping on the box over it. His rates were remarkably reasonable and you could just tell he was such an honest guy that I've had him out to work on my sprinkler system twice (my sprinkler system was thoroughly trashed by the prior owners).

It's rare that I feel like I completely trust a repair person - since there's usually such an asymmetry of knowledge - but I really can't say enough about Terry. I'd recommend him to anyone looking for sprinkler service or installation.

Terry's contact info is:

Terry Ragan
Sonrise Sprinklers
5806 Sun Farm
San Antonio, TX 78244
(210) 661-2622

No comments:

Post a Comment