Sunday, February 27, 2011

Silo Restaurant and Bar

Also late in writing this experience up - but I'm totally excited about Silo!

When my friend C. was promoted last week, she took a group of us out to lunch at Silo on Broadway (across the street from Tong's Thai).

Finding the door to Silo was a bit of a challenge - my friend F. and I wandered around three sides of the building, broke in through a picket fence, fought a minotaur, and captured the golden fleece before we discovered the front door was actually in the back. It was an inauspicious start. Entering through the door, you come to an elevator. This is odd, but gives a little anticipation. When the doors open, you immediately see that the quest was probably going to be worthwhile. A clean, modern interior with a view back into the kitchen, wine bottles racked along the wall, uniformed waiters scooting from table to table - and you think, "This is going to cost some coin."

The food and service were excellent. And in fact, it does not cost all that much coin given the quality of the cuisine and the experience.

I ordered the grilled chicken B.L.T. “A” - grilled chicken breast, applewood bacon, vineripe tomato, guacamole, pepper jack cheese & chipotle mayo - served with a side of kettle fried chips and fresh fruit. It was one of the best chicken sandwiches I've ever had. And for $9, it was a steal. Given that I can barely eat at Panera for under $10, I'd take Silo any day of the week.

Looking at the menu, I can't wait to take Kandie there for a nice dinner. Particularly their "Pre Fixe" menu looks promising.

I'll definitely be going back to Silo, and you should, too. Thanks C. for introducing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment