Sunday, November 28, 2010

thanksgiving in reflection

thanksgiving in reflection

a return to patates douces dans le style de l'hôtel.

I am so thankful those months are behind us. I am feeling very at home now, especially with my first teaching experience behind me. So I guess for some reason I wanted to make this sweet potato dish again. I added a touch of nutmeg just for some variety. Live and learn. A little nutmeg goes a long way, and it just didn't taste good. Or maybe it was that we weren't using left over packets of honey from the local fried chicken fast food joint.

I'm feeling thankful tonight - for my home, my family, for the friends that drove so far to spend time with us this past holiday, for having a job I really love, for getting to do the things I want to do; for generally being alive and having friends to share it all with. I hope you all feel these blessings this holiday season as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment