Sunday, January 2, 2011

Cameo Theater and "Let's Misbehave"

Kandie and I took my folks to "Let's Misbehave" last night at the Cameo Theater in downtown San Antonio. The show was a song and dance review of Cole Porter's work. Songs like "I've got you under my skin", "Be a clown", "My Heart Belongs to Daddy", and "I get a kick out of you" I knew as re-makes by Sinatra or other big band style singers, or just from having been performed in commercials. Many other songs I didn't know, but still it was fun.

The Cameo is an intimate, mid-size theater - I'm a bad judge at numbers, but I'd guess it seats less than 300. There really isn't a bad seat in the house, so long as you don't get stuck sitting behind a lady with big hair (or a big man with no hair).

Good time - I'd be happy to see another show there.

No comments:

Post a Comment