Saturday, August 27, 2011

Friday Knight Lights

Friday Night Lights

We went to our first Steele High School "Knights" football game last night.  S. is in the marching band, so we also watched some of the football.

Don't Lose Your Head

Unfortunately the light was going down and I had to shoot on very high ISO (800-1000) and the shots were all very grainy once the game got going.  My D80 just doesn't handle the dark well.  I need (NEED!) a new camera.

Friday Night Lights

To compensate or work with the graininess, I decided to use "posterize" effect in Photo Shop - meant to give the images the look of those athletic posters that were popular in the 90s.

Friday Night Lights

I may try N's camera next time - I think it may actually be better in low-light than my camera.  Worth a try, anyway.

Friday Night Lights

Texas high school football isn't just a game, it's a pageant.  The game is largely incidental from what I observed.  Each team had bands, color guards, flag twirlers, and some sort of dance team with girls who had military ranks (majors and lieutenant colonels).  Not sure what that was all about.  We happened to be sitting next to the visiting school's dance team.

"Hands"

No comments:

Post a Comment