Saturday, July 2, 2011

hot Texas nights

dinner tonight was prepared mostly outside to avoid heating up the house on these hot Texas nights.

outdoor kitchen

I took the sauce pot outside in the afternoon and simmered it for two hours on the patio instead of inside the house. and the pizza dough was pretty happy out there in the 100 degree heat, too.

I gave a shot to grilling some calzones. not such a great idea. I think if I still had a stone, we would have been ok. Or if I had been watching it closer. But as it was, I burned the first batch pretty thoroughly, then had to heat up the oven inside anyway.

then we made cinnamon chips with strawberries, chocolate, and whipped cream:

cinnamon chips & strawberries

cinnamon chips & strawberries

now for a swim and some Shiner Bock!

No comments:

Post a Comment