Sunday, July 24, 2011

Randolph Cleaners

Randolph Cleaners by Mark Bonica
Randolph Cleaners, a photo by Mark Bonica on Flickr.

At the corner of Pat Booker Rd and Rt 78, across from the main gate to Randoph AFB. I drive by this place almost everyday - sometimes more than once and I have always wanted to go get a shot of it. Not sure what attracts me - it's just a facade in front of an old quonset hut - but maybe that's exactly why. It has this sense of just barely being maintained enough to keep on cranking out starched uniforms one more day...

So tonight I said, it's blue hour - I'm going to shoot this thing - jumped in the car and ran down there - and took some shots from across the street in an empty lot between a fast food joint and a dive bar. Had some interesting characters drive by - no doubt they were thinking the same thing about me.

72/365

No comments:

Post a Comment