Saturday, August 14, 2010

Chester's Hamburgers - SATX



We'd cruised by a couple of the Chester's locations in San Antonio, and finally made it there tonight.  It was one of those,

"Hey let's go out to eat!"

"OK - where?"

"Oh, I don't care."

"Well, I'll go wherever."

"Me, too."

"I don't have anything particular in mind."

kind of conversations.  So I finally broke the impasse with,

"Let's go to burgers or Mexican.  Or Thai.  Thai would be good.  Or anything else, for God's sake."

So we went for burgers.  Chester's Hamburgers. 


View Larger Map

Basic burger joint menu.  I got the chili burger with fries and a Sierra Nevada beer, which was on special.  The burger was good.  I have to admit that I generally don't care for chili burgers, but my wife's former boss had recommended Chester's, and in particular the chili burger.  I'm not sure who came up with the idea of putting chili on a burger - i.e., putting a watery concoction on an otherwise flat surface, put between two other flat surfaces.  It's not rocket science to realize that story isn't going to end well.  But nonetheless, the burger was good.  It was a real burger, and a good sized one at that - probably 1/3 pound. 

The highlight of Chester's was the large quantity of beers they had - all in bottles as far as I could tell - but a really wide selection.  I got the Sierra Nevada because it was on special and I hadn't had one in a while, but I think I might be more adventurous when we go back.

Which, I think I would do.  Go back, that is.  Quality was good, and while it was counter-service, self-help atmosphere, it had a friendly feel and the fries were good.  I have to say, for the price, I like Five Guys better.  But Five Guys doesn't have beer.  And that's a strike against them.

I'd recommend Chester's if you're in the mood for a quality burger in a relaxed atmosphere.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment