Sunday, July 18, 2010

All Through the Night

Sleep my love, and peace attend thee
All through the night;

Combat Medic

Guardian angels God will lend thee,
All through the night,

Guardian Angels

Soft the drowsy hours are creeping,
Hill and vale in slumber steeping,
I my loving vigil keeping,
All through the night.
- popular version of Welsh traditional

Some night shots on Fort Sam Houston. The first is of the Combat Medic statue in front of the Army Medical Department Museum, the second is of a retired MEDEVAC helicopter in front of the Army Medical Department Center and School - where I will start teaching soon. In the Combat Medic picture, the building in the background is the old Brooke Army Medical Center building. My oldest daughter was born there. If I remember correctly, the recovery ward windows were in the row of windows below the raised section. I held my first child while looking out those windows.

Today we looked at houses off post. We're really looking forward to getting into a new house and making it our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment